Roasted honey red stretch

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Father


Evangelicals seem to have short memories. I say this because they have strong reactions to things like The Hail Mary prayer, which is just parts of Luke chapter two. I guess they are against Bible memorization? 

Another misconception out there that is even more ridiculous is the reaction to calling a priest Father. I see memes and comments vehemently claiming that NO one should be called Father but God. That's funny, the Bible does not agree. 

Genisus 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Genesis 27:32 And Isaac his father said unto him, Who art thou? And he said, I am thy son, thy firstborn Esau. 

Genesis 45:4-8  And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest. And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

Jesus and the apostles also referred to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as a fathers of the faith. 

There are a lot of other arguements for allowing Catholic priests to be called father but this is the best one. 

1 comment:

Tony Chew said...

Very first of all, following you have discovered the essentials of poker game and have tried your luck by playing handful of palms in the on the web planet, you must try out to know or understand about the primary factors of poker. Nicely, there are
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
pelangiqq
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://192.254.236.33/dewaqq78/
datahk 2019


The Big Mac