Roasted honey red stretch

Monday, February 2, 2009

Fallible Men

Was reading a section in the book "The Biblical Basis for the Catholic Faith" by Salza on how fallible men can have infallible teaching(not all the time but when lead by God's Spirit). It was pointed out that, of course we know David was an adulterer and murderer, and Moses a murderer. Peter made mistakes, and the writers of the Bible were all fallible men with infallible writings.

However I had never really noticed this before, in passing the author mentioned that the high priest Caiaphas, though he was a very corrupt man, made an infallible prophecy. So i set out to find it this morning right after my scripture time.

I found this account of it in John, with John's commentary: "49 Then one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, spoke up, "You know nothing at all! 50 You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish."

51 He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, 52 and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one. 53 So from that day on they plotted to take his life."~John 11.

This explains a lot to me that i have pondered over the years. I have personally been scandalized when a certian extremely prominant Christian Singer left her husband to marry another famous celebrity and had refused to listen to her music, though it was very good, ever since. There was also a very popular priest years ago who had a powerful healing ministry that left the church in disobediance to get married. Then I wondered about all those healings--of course they were real, and his wonderful books on healing.

These are only a couple of people who have caused scandal in the body of Christ that affected me personally. But i remember that Warren H. Carroll pointes out in the Founding of Christendom that God's anointing is real even if the person subsequently turns his back on God.

3 comments:

jeleasure said...

Sparks,
May I confess that we need not look too far to find someone who has the annointing of God and at times is a failure.

I know this to be true of me. There are times when I make poor decisions and am affected with an inability to teach or write.

Jim

jeleasure said...

Hey Sparks,
Here is a new blogger friend. Her name is Randi Jo. Here is a link.

Seeds in My Heart.

I explained that she can ask you to host a link on your page. You may have to explain your selection process about hosting links. However, do me a favor and pay her a visit. Just say I sent you and she will return the visit.
Thanks,
Jim

makemeaspark said...

Thanks J, Your friend has a lovely blog but i am weary emotionally and not ready to meet so many immensely in love and happy couples right now, I am still in much pain over the loss of the love of my life, recently.


The Big Mac